The Art of Lente Scura
Prints of the artwork of Lente Scura for sale
The Art of Lente Scura
Lente Scura is a digital artist who combines photo-manipulation and digital painting techniques to create emotive digital paintings of subjects struggling with emotional states and dream-like environments. Lente Scura takes the viewer on an emotional journey through visually striking digital compositions. These compositions are filled with dramatic anguish and beauty, giving insight into the complexity of emotions of the subjects of each painting. The artist achieves this by focusing on how the human form emanates energy and motion through light, color, and atmospheric ambiguity. The result is a dream world of allows the artist creates a vortex of haunting emotional landscapes, where the artist portrays the ranges of Humanity.
Lente Scura’s art has its roots in the classical painting of Italy, American painting of the mid-1800s, and in the German Expressionism and Surrealism movements of the early to mid-1900s. Lente Scura works within these styles, allowing the artist to portray at times ethereal beauty and at times, immense horror and anguish. This mixture of styles leans to the dream quality of Lente Scura’s art. It allows the artist to depict the realm of dreams and all its hopes and fears and its endless struggle of voice and individuality.
Lente Scura holds undergraduate degrees in Literature and painting and drawing. Also, the artist holds a Masters of Fine Art in Digital Art and Media. The educational background allows the artist to combine the fields of Literature and traditional painting with the digital world, creating a dream world that has become the embodiment of the spirit and soul of the artist.
• Gauntlet Gallery, Digital Renaissance Exhibit
• Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize Competition: Finalist for the Digital Art Prize
• Averages: Infinity War Destiny Arrives: Marvel Press; Illustrated edition (April 2, 2019), Author Liza Palmer. Book cover illustrations.
• Under A Midnight Sun: Simon and Schuster; cover illustrations (expected publication: 2021)
• ImageFX, Xpose feature, UK Edition: Issue 142 (11/04/2016)
• Contributing artist on Death Cutthroat Caverns: Death Incarnate by Smirk and Dagger:
• Artwork for John Anthony Family of Wines, John Anthony Vineyards serial wines
• Artwork featured NILVX: A Book of Magic
• Contributing artist, Issue Nine, Alchemy
• Lucas Thorn, book cover: Rise of the Fel Queen and The Ripper's Wife
• Artwork for CD cover for The Seas
• Get Inspired Magazine Collection 1: Masters of Paint
Features for Online Publications
• Featured on Wacom Gallery
• Featured: Scene360
• Featured: This Is Cool
• Featured: Kai Fine Art
• Featured: Urban Muse
• Feature: Urban Muse Spring 2017 First Addition
• Feature: in_blck
• Featured: Cross Connect
• Featured: Paintable
Please don't reproduce or copy in any form without permission. All work is copyrighted